Please wait while we find your lowest rate.
There are multiple means of transportation to Martha's Vineyard, and the best news is, Summercamp is located just a 5 minute walk (or 1 minute drive) down the street from the Steamship Authority Oak Bluffs Terminal. See Martha's Vineyard travel options below, and contact us or any of these companies with questions. We look forward to welcoming you to Oak Bluffs!
- Steamship Authority – Woods Hole, Falmouth, MA to Oak Bluffs or Vineyard Haven on Martha's Vineyard. The Steamship Authority is the only ferry to allow cars, all others are passenger ferries only. You must have a reservation if you are bringing a vehicle, and we recommend booking in advance as vehicle space does sell out. If you aren't traveling with a vehicle, you don't need a reservation — just go into the terminal in Woods Hole to purchase your ticket. Steamship services the Vineyard Haven Terminal year-round and the Oak Bluffs Terminal from mid-May to mid-October, please check their website for dates, details, and reservations.
- Hy-Line Cruises – Hyannis, MA to Martha's Vineyard. With both traditional and high-speed ferry services from mid-Cape to Oak Bluffs, all details for schedules (which vary) and fares are available at the Hyannis Harbor ferry terminal. Bringing a pet or bicycle to the island? This ferry permits both for an additional fee.
- Seastreak Ferry From New Bedford, MA – New Bedford, MA to Oak Bluffs on Martha's Vineyard. The New Bedford terminal offers Enterprise rentals if you're looking to bring a car to the island, as well as paid daily/monthly/annual parking if you're looking to leave your car behind.
- Seastreak Ferry From NJ/NYC – Highlands, NJ and NYC to Oak Bluffs on Martha's Vineyard. Also a seasonal service, this ferry starts at Seastreak Ferry Terminal in Highlands, NJ and you can also catch it in NYC at East 35th Street. The terminal offers free parking (restrictions apply) and the ferry offers a bike rack, restrooms, and refreshments.
- Vineyard fast ferry - Quonset Point, North Kingstown, RI to Martha's Vineyard. A 95-minute trip from Rhode Island right to Oak Bluffs.
- Island Queen – Falmouth, MA to Martha's Vineyard. A quick trip from Cape Cod right to The Steamship Authority's Oak Bluffs Terminal.
By Train or Bus (service to the ferry):
- Cape Flyer – Boston to Hyannis, MA. Once you're in Hyannis, hop on a Hy-Line Cruise to Oak Bluffs. Offering weekend service from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Peter Pan Bus Line – Servicing MA, CT, PA, NY, RI, and MD, this bus can take you to various stops on the Cape, many of which are located close to a ferry terminal.
Looking to get here quickly and efficiently? Try these airlines with regular service to MVA, just 7 miles from Summercamp: